Essential oils are made from large amounts of certain parts of a plant. The use of essential oils are gaining momentum and recognition in the industry because of their sure benefits on a person’s better health in so many different ways. Lets discuss a few things you ought to know before you start using essential oils.
- Most essential oils are excellent cleansing mediums. Oils like lemon; tea tree, lavender, peppermint and rosemary contain cleansing properties, which work best for your home made cleansing remedies.
- Rose Mary essential oil in particular has been researched upon thoroughly to prove that the usage of this essential oil boosts your brain forward to perform better.
- One reason why people use essential oils is because of its mood-altering and emotionally calming effects. Some essential oils like chamomile, lavender, ylang ylang, grapefruit and lemon are mood-altering essential oils. If you use it in a diffuser you will see the effects for yourself.
- The majority of essential oils that you find n the market is used for aromatherapy. Using an essential oil without a doctor’s advice is dangerous so you might want to make sure which aroma tends to your problems the best. Physicians allot specific oils with specific properties to cure specific ailments.
- Essential oils are so diluted that you do not want to use it the wrong way. The best way to use essential oils is to dilute the oil in some carrier oils like, wax, alcohol, olive oils etc. to prevent unnecessary reactions to the skin.
- Essential oils cannot be patented which is why you don’t see them in pharmaceutical stores. People don’t waste much money on studying it. And main stream doctors will not recommend it in place of other drugs because there is no patent ship that this area of medicine provides. This is one reason why people don’t know much about essential oils.
- There are a few ways you can use essential oils:
- Can be externally applied after diluting
- Diffusing it into the air using some oil burner
- Take it internally (only after consulting a physician of course)
- Using in home remedies as key ingredient
- Essential oil can be tested for its purity. Take a drop of your essential oil ad drop it on construction paper. If the oil evaporates immediately without leaving a ring as remains, it is in its purest form. If it leaves a ring stain as it evaporates its most likely to have been diluted.
- Essential oils can last decades. Because of its extremely concentrated nature, just a few drops can work. Which saves you the trouble of having to buy bottles after bottles.
- They are so pricey why? 4000 pounds of Bulgarian roses are used to make one pound of essential oil. 60,00 roses are used to make about 27.5 ml of Otto rose essential oil. This is why.
So this was all you needed to know about starting to use essential oils. We hope the information provided was helpful to you and would love to receive feedbacks and stay tuned with Ayurveda Medicare for more information on related topics.