Pepper mint is plant that is uniquely crossed between spearmint and water mint and is native to Europe. The essential oil of this plant is acquired through steam distillation of the stems and leaves of the plant.
Its many health benefits include:
• Treating indigestion
• Respiratory problems
• Bowel spasms
• Pain relief
5 interesting uses of the peppermint essential oil are:
1. Rubbing peppermint essential oil on your feet wrists and temples, and then inhaling it, will immediately calm your body.
2. Massage several drops on your abdomen, place a drop on wrists, or inhale to soothe motion sickness or general nausea.
3. Rub a drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
4. Massage 2-3 drops (along with a carrier oil) onto chest or drop into a humidifier to help clear sinus and lung congestion.
5. Apply to the back of the neck and shoulders repeatedly to keep energy levels up during the day.
The major components of this essential oil are:
• Omega-3 fatty acids
• Vitamin A
• Vitamin C.