Rosemary essential oil is a very popular culinary herb in the Mediterranean. Rosemary essential oil is extracted from the leaves of the rosemary plant. The rosemary bush comes under the mint family which includes basil, lavender, myrtle, and sage.
Major health benefits:
- Stimulate hair growth
- Boost mental activity
- Relieve respiratory problems
- Reduce pain
5 interesting uses of the rosemary essential oil:
- Add 2 drops of rosemary essential oil on your palms and rub them together, now cup your hands and inhale deep breaths from the cup for up to 2 minutes. This will calm your mind and leave you focused for the day.
- Massage 1-2 drops of rosemary essential oil on your chest and throat every few hours to break the phlegm in your throat.
- Add a drop of essential oil onto your hands and rub them together, now apply a drop topically to the aching parts of your head and massage slowly for about as long as it feels just right!
- Diffuse the oil throughout the room by burning it in an oil burner. This enhances focus and clears the vibes of the room so it works towards strengthening your memory and concentration.
- Massage 1-2 drops in or around your vaginal area, to ease pain during menstrual cramps and make sure to test for sensitivity before attempting internal use.
The major components of the rosemary essential oil are:
- Bornyl acetate
- 1, 8-cineole