Folic acid in orange juice is highly beneficial for brain development and spinal cord. In a recent study, it has been found that orange juice is good for weight loss. Orange juice has other important health advantages like cardiovascular problems, diabetes, cancer and gastrointestinal disorders. The juice boosts your immunity due to the presence of vitamin C. Orange juice has the highest nutrients value among all the citrus fruits.
Orange juice excellent source of vitamin C
Vitamin C protects us from free radicals, which are the breeding ground of many diseases and conditions. It also helps in absorption of calcium in the body.
Orange juice for radiant glow skin
Orange juice helps to make you look young and enhances the beauty of your skin. Drinking orange juice regularly helps to improve skin complexion of the face by defeating the aging effects. Taking orange juice helps to hydrate the skin.
Rubbing orange juice on the face is beneficial for cleaning the clogged skin pores and good in prevention of acne, pimples, wrinkles and fine lines.
The problem of sunburn can be overcome by drinking orange juice. The vitamin C also prevents free radicals and provides freshness to your skin.
The nutritionists suggest that people should take regular orange juice to improve the beauty of skin, hair and nails. Vitamin C is the vital in collagen production, which is itself responsible in making of bones, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels and gives elasticity to the face.
TIPS & TRICKS
- After eating orange, instead of throwing away the peels, dry them in sun and grind them. Store the mixture. And, use it as a body scrub.
- Mix the above made scrub and milk or milk cream and apply on face. It gives an instant glow to your face. And, reduces the dark spots and blemishes on your skin.
- If you do not want to go through the tedious step of grinding the peels, simply pour boiling water on the peels and leave for a day. Next day, filter the liquid and store it in fridge. Apply the liquid on your face using a cotton ball. Let it stay till it dries up. Your face will be firm and glowing.
- You can use this liquid in preparing face masks. Use the liquid in a day or two.
- You can pour this liquid in your bath water and enjoy a refreshing and rejuvenating bath. Your skin will smell fresh all day.
- Use the liquid as a hair rinse to get shining hair. It also helps in removing dandruff.
Take the juice of 2 oranges and freeze it in an ice tray. Rub your face with frozen orange juice cubes. It will instantly freshen you up and lift up the tiredness from your face. The juice will give your dull and oily face an instant sheen. And, the chilled ice cubes will close and minimize the size of your pores. This also provides relief to acne prone skin and pimples.