Ayurvedic medicine offers a lot of efficient ways in which Diabetes can be managed effectively without any side effects that most allopathic drugs come with.
The basis of Ayurveda is treating a person with an holistic approach. Ayurveda is more of a preventative method and focuses on the cause of the diseases but a lot of times, in allopathy, the actual cause is not addressed but rather the medicines cover up and treat the symptoms. Below are some of the best ayurvedic remedies to manage diabetes at home.
Home Remedies to Manage Diabetes
- The best remedy of hyperglycemia is to take juice of Bitter gourd (karela), Bel patra leaves (Aegle marmelos) and Neem on empty stomach daily.
- Aloe vera gel helps lower fasting blood glucose level. Mix of 1/2 teaspoon of ground Bay leaf (tej patta), 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric (haldi), 1 teaspoon of Aloe vera gel. Take this mixture on an empty stomach twice a day before lunch and dinner.
- Eat 3 leaves of neem (Azadirachta indica leaf / Indian Lilac leaf) , 3 leaves of bel (Aegle marmelos) and 3 leaves of Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum / Holy basil) everyday.
- Crush or grind 4 green and soft leaves of jamun (Syzygium cumini, jambul, jambolan, jamblang, Indian Blackberry) in 60 gm water. Filter the water and drink the juice. Do this process for 10 days every 2 months.
- Curry leaves are known to prevent and control diabetes as they have anti-diabetic properties. Chew 10 curry leaves every morning for at least 2 to 3 months.
- Karela (Bitter Gourd) is the best vegetable in lowering blood sugar level. Remove seeds of 2 to 3 bitter gourds and then use a juicer to extract the juice. Add little water, salt and then drink it. Follow this process every morning for at least two months.
- Crush 6 gram fenugreek seeds (methi) and soak it in water overnight. Crush the same amount of seeds in the morning, add it to the water kept overnight, filter the water and drink it. Do this process for 2 months and it will surely bring down the blood sugar level.