If you struggle with the itchy eyes and stuffy nose that come along with allergies and winter season, here are some home remedies that will offer you some much needed relief!
- Roast sesame seeds in ghee and mix them in jaggery. Taking this home remedy for cold will help you treat running and itchy nose especially in winter.
- Gargling with warm salt water is an excellent home remedy for cold and sore throat.
- Keep away from these foods – Cheese, ice-cream, yoghurt, banana, cucumber and eggs can cause allergic reaction to some in winter. Particularly the asthma patients would be well advised to avoid these foods. Instead take fresh fruit juices and green tea. They give relief in your condition and also boost immunity.
- Ginger – Ginger is another excellent remedy for colds and coughs. About ten grams of ginger should be cut into small pieces and boiled in a cup of water. It should then be strained and half a teaspoon of sugar added to it. This decoction should be drunk when hot. It may be taken twice daily. In cases of dry cough (especially during the night), peel a small piece of fresh ginger. Sprinkle some salt on it and chew.
- Give Yourself a Steam Facial – While some people give themselves steam facials to open their pores and clear their skin, these water based treatments are also good for allergies. imply boil a pot of water and pour it into a bowl that can withstand the heat. Place your head directly above the steam, draping a towel or pillowcase over your head to streamline the steam into your nose. You can even add a little eucalyptus oil to the water for enhanced breathing ability as it is both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. Do this for 5-10 minutes a day for the best effects.