Cooked rice pancakes is a very tasty and nutritious way to make use of the leftover rice from last night and it takes only 20-30 minutes to prepare. Eat it as a quick breakfast or serve them in the evening with tea or coffee.
You can ofcourse experiment with the ingredients and come up with your own creative recipe suiting your taste buds.
Cooking Time: 20 mins, Makes 10 Pancakes
2 cups cooked rice
1/3 cup grated carrot
1/3 cup chopped spring onions (hara pyaz)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
1/2 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
2 green chillies (hari mirch) , finely chopped
2 tbsp curds (dahi)
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add water to make a soft dough (गूंथा हुआ आटा).
- Divide the dough into 10 to 12 equal portions.
- Using wet hands, press one portion of the dough onto a damp cloth to form a 4″ circle.
- Lift the cloth and upturn the pancake on to a non-stick tava.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown using a little oil. Repeat with the remaining dough to make 10 to 12 pancakes.
- You can also add butter on top of the pancake.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
Also See: How to Make Lime Rice (Nimbu Chawal)