It’s a simple and easy pasta salad recipe and makes for a quick brunch or meals in between. It can also be served as a starter, warm or chilled.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 125 grams shell shaped pasta or pasta rigatoni
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- 1 medium size tomato (optional)
- 1 small cucumber (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry basil OR ¼ cup chopped basil
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ or 1 tablespoon garlic chives (hara lahsun)
- 9 to 10 pitted black olives, sliced
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- salt as required
- black pepper powder as required (kali mirch powder)
- Heat enough water with some salt.
- When the water starts boiling, add the pasta along with the garlic clove and
cook the pasta till they are done. Drain. the pasta
- To avoid the pasta from sticking to each other, add some oil and stir gently.
- In a salad bowl, add all the veggies and herbs. Add the pasta and toss.
- Take the cooked garlic clove and mash it in a mortar & pestle.
- To this add the olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Stir the seasoning and add it to the pasta.
- Toss and serve pasta salad garnished with some pomegranate arils.