There’s nothing worse than seeing the telltale signs of dry skin just as winter arrives. After all, the dewy skin beauty looks are next to impossible to pull off if you’re dealing with flaky, scaly skin. Enter dry skin remedies that work—fast. Try these easy methods and say good bye to your winter skin problems.
- Coconut Oil – Nothing will beat the power of coconut oil when it comes to keeping your skin moisturised. Coconut oil has mild antiseptic property that will keep your skin free from many types of infections. These properties make coconut oil one among the best oils for winter.
- Drink plenty of water – It’s the first step to having healthy skin and can go a long way toward helping or hindering your skin’s ability to maintain water. If you drink plenty of water and eat hydrating foods (read: fruits and veggies), your skin cells will have a better shot at staying hydrated even in dry weather. Aim for at least eight glasses of H2O a day, plus 10 or more servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Ditch moistures from your life – If your skin is scaly, flaky and dull, you’re probably looking for dry skin remedies that work fast, such as a heavy moisturizer or super-hydrating mask. However, experts say it’s just as important to stop moisture-zapping habits as it is to slather on a dry skin “cure.” Minimize your exposure to depleting elements such as alcohol, long baths and harsh soaps that can strip the skin of natural oils. Instead, opt for hydrating drinks; take quicker showers; and use creamy cleansers instead of your usual body wash.
- Avocado Oil – If you are worried of dry, scaly and irritated skin, it’s high time to try avocado oil. Avocado oil is one of the most popular skin friendly oils that is rich in vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids. This will act effectively on your skin to keep it moisturised. This is the reason why beauty experts consider avocado oil as one among the 6 Oils that benefit dry skin in winter season.
- Make your own dry skin remedies – Take 1 Banana, 1 Avocado, 1 Apricot. Mash the fruits, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil, 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of honey. Steam your face to open up the pores, apply the mask, then lie down and relax from 15 to 20 minutes. Wash the mask off with lukewarm water and use a moisturizer to enhance the mask effects.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil is an essential oil that is commonly found in many skin care products. It has mild antiseptic properties and this will help prevent skin infections like acne. Also, tea tree oil can penetrate deep into the skin to treat dry skin issues.